Thursday, May 5, 2011

Heather Rose Jewelry~Wiring






I Have a very unique style of wiring when it comes to creating my jewelry. Being I use alot of heavy beads I wanted to create a system to hold the beads well. Gemstones and glass are quite heavy and you need a strong chain and a strong wire system. I want my pieces to last forever! I use a headpin to start with, add beads...then add 1 loop at the top...then I add another pin with a double loop. This single...double system creates a strong chain. I always make sure that the top loop is doubled like a split ring (like the one on a key chain). You will see the close ups on my designs of the chain with the doubled loops attached to the main chain. This is a very expensive method and time consuming as well. Instead of one bead totem (designers use the word totem to represent the pole that the beads are on) I joint the pins (I use 2-3 and joint them, there is alot of movement instead of the one bead stick). I use 3 sizes of pins to complete 1 bead drop from my chain.



My store fills up slowly due to the fact that I spend 3 hours per bracelet using this method. My customers compliment me on the fact that they never lose beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment