Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I have been meaning to create a blog for some time now and have finally found a great place to do so. I love creating jewelry and wanted a place to share my thoughts and pieces.
I created this piece with an oriental theme in mind. I wanted to use gold as far as metals go because it seemed to compliment my beads so well for this particular piece. Cloisonne beads are a favorite of mine, they have such detail and are so unique. I used a bunch of assorted cloisonne beads on this piece, each one unique. I added 2 genuine turquoise beads , they added color and seemed to tie in well.
I never usually have an exact design in mind when I start. I usually have beads laid out before me and just go where my mind takes me. I wanted an oriental look to this bracelet, and as I added beads I decided I did not want a specific pattern, just a bunch of treasures to flow across the wrist with an oriental feel.
I used chinese cinnebar beads as they fit in well with the oriental style of the bracelet. I used gold colored buddha charms as well as small ceramic buddha beads which were made in Peru. I used Chinese coins in an antique brass finish as well as assorted lampwork and faceted glass beads.
I also added gemstone pentants like tigereye and goldstone. I just added things as I went and am very happy with the outcome of this piece.

I usually spend up to 3-5 hours creating 1 bracelet, but will sometimes collect beads forever just to get to the point of actually making one of my bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment